Welcome! - Registration for the 2020/2021 Season is Closed as we have reached maximum Capacity.
The Great Brook Bill Koch Ski League is a parent-run club introducing kids ages 5-14 (grades K-8) to the fun of cross country skiing through physical exercise, lessons, drills, games, and other outdoor activities.
Meeting from December 19, 2020 until mid-March 2021, the club has weekly Saturday morning practices from 8:45-10:30 at Great Brook Farm State Park, 1018 Lowell St., Carlisle, MA, unless announced otherwise.
Since winter weather in Carlisle is extremely variable, the club meets regardless of snow cover and occasionally travels elsewhere in order to be on snow. Parents are encouraged to attend each practice (and it's required if their kids are 6 years old or younger) and volunteer if possible.
The New England Nordic Ski Association (nensa.net) is the parent organization of the Bill Koch Ski League, and the Great Brook BKL is one of many local clubs in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. NENSA organizes the annual Bill Koch League Festival, an end-of-season weekend of races and activities open to all BKL club members, in addition to coach development clinics and other events.
REMEMBER: Every year, new and returning skiers/parents need to register
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS: While Nordic Skiing is inherently one of the safest activities as identified by the mass.gov COVID-19 Youth sports guidelines, we are still taking precautions to ensure the health of all participants.
Here are a few of the Changes for the 2020/21 ski season:
1. There will be no usage of the customary orange Pinneys by children participating.
2. There will be no access to the Lodge (Ski Barn).
3. Unfortunately we will not be able to share hot cocoa with our friends after skiing (unless each child brings their own premade thermos).
4. All parents will screen their children each morning for fever or signs of illness before bringing them to practice.
5. All skiiers will maintain a distance of 6 feet from non-family members.
6. Groups will be sizes of 10 or less participants.
7. All participants will follow the state current regulations for face coverings.